Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Gots them mix-n-mastering blues

I does. *Sigh* been working on this for too long, ready to let this portion of the project go, but I'm held up on a couple of things, namely that one song is not living up to what I want it to be. Wasn't mastering well, then I remixed it to death, so went back to a previous mix, and starting again from there. Sounds good, but honestly, I'm getting ear fatigue from these particular aural adventures, and I'm not trusting my own ears all the time. I'm now loading a test mix onto my ipod, to test it on my crap headphones and hear it plugged in elsewhere. This is great fun, though... I'm certainly in my element, and this project is dazzling me with it's freewheeling weirdness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

composer, music composer, music composition, songwriter, for hire, available, international, original music, film music, dance music, ballet, modern, classical, score, film score, symphonic, avant-garde, beautiful, progressive, female, mew sound, ennio morricone, michael nyman, hans zimmer, danny elfman, hildegard von bingen, phillip glass, damon albarn, kate bush, brian eno, pink floyd, theatre, theater, kennedy center, saxophone, horns, terry gilliam, del toro, peter jackson, piano, organ, strings, violin, accordion, bass guitar, female vocals, woman, award winning, music theory, instrumental, vocal, analog, digital, soundtrack, scoring, performing rights, written music, laurie anderson, bjork, tim burton, available, work, soundcloud, horror, beauty, sound design, love, hope, work, pop, rock, alternative, joy, collaboration