Saturday, August 4, 2018

Page updated: Fine Art ~ 2-D

Therein you will find 2-D art that I've made by hand. Paintings, drawings, prints, & my latest adventure - collages. There's a link on the left, or you can get there by clicking here: Mita's 2D Fine Art.

The page features selected works from over the decades. Ones that I'm proud of, which I enjoy,  & that I feel most continue to represent me over time.

More to come soon, as I'm on a big visual art bender lately. The first piece on the new art page was completed only a few days ago, & more water-media will be posted soon.

Of note, regarding my 2-D art: My first job was as a helper/apprentice with a fine art oil painter in Phoenix, AZ. I learned *so much* working with her for 3 years, between the ages of 14 & 17. I prepped her surfaces in the very particular ways that she preferred, which - if a canvas - often required around a dozen coats of gesso, sanded & steel-wooled in between to create the glass-smooth but still-springy surface that she so loved (inspired by the canvases of her fave artist, Salvador Dali). The skills I learned from & with her - art skills, life skills, the art of storytelling - have assisted me in my own life's work ever since.

I also have a knack for imitating the work of other artists, & I've had other jobs assisting other artists with their own creations, as well, including the detailed painting, itself. Various styles.

Here's a list of the mediums/techniques I'm skilled with:

Acrylic
Oil
Watercolor
Gouache (new to me! Fun!)
Canvas & paper stretching & prep
Oil-based linoleum printmaking
Monoprints
Graphite pencils
Colored pencils
Ink work
Collage
Impressionism
Abstract
Expressionism
Trompe L'oeil
Illustration (figurative & otherwise)
Stained glass
Reverse-glass painting
Sculpture
Mold-building/Cast-making
Plaster
Paper Mache
Clay
Fimo/Sculpey
Metalwork
Soldering
Welding (gas, mig, tig)
Carpentry
Stage-building
Set/stage painting
Lighting design
Costume design & building
Model-making
Beadwork (lots)
Batik
Fabric Dying
Embroidery
Applique
Weaving


I'm sure I've left some off. They'll come to me later. In the meantime, if you're interested in working with/hiring me for an art project/job, & don't see that yours is a medium I'm already skilled with, try me! There's a chance I'm at the very least familiar with the technique, & I'm also quite savvy with new tools & techniques. Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

composer, music composer, music composition, songwriter, for hire, available, international, original music, film music, dance music, ballet, modern, classical, score, film score, symphonic, avant-garde, beautiful, progressive, female, mew sound, ennio morricone, michael nyman, hans zimmer, danny elfman, hildegard von bingen, phillip glass, damon albarn, kate bush, brian eno, pink floyd, theatre, theater, kennedy center, saxophone, horns, terry gilliam, del toro, peter jackson, piano, organ, strings, violin, accordion, bass guitar, female vocals, woman, award winning, music theory, instrumental, vocal, analog, digital, soundtrack, scoring, performing rights, written music, laurie anderson, bjork, tim burton, available, work, soundcloud, horror, beauty, sound design, love, hope, work, pop, rock, alternative, joy, collaboration